Sunday, January 15, 2012

I Need Knitting Friends

I have awesome friends.  I like to think that I actually have the best friends in the world (no offense to your friends, reader).  Really, they are amazing.  They are supportive and generous and honest and ... like I said, amazing.

Allow me to elucidate:  

(No, I'm not going to spontaneously break into song - just humor me a paragraph or two)

I have wise friends, and hilarious friends, and nerdy friends, sincere friends, and kind friends, and insightful friends.  I have friends to call when I'm up for an obscure fantasy movie marathon on the couch.  I have book-club friends and theater friends and softball friends.  I have friends that could find you the best deal on the planet or teach you the skills to do it yourself.  I have school friends and work friends and family friends.  

Dang, it sounds like I have a lot of friends.  Not so; I have a small group of people who I really connect with.  Like Anne's kindred spirits.  It's just that every one of my friends fits into many of the above-mentioned categories, and others besides.

But.

I know, there shouldn't be a "but".  I should be perfectly content because, let's face it, I have the best friends in the world.  Whether I have a financial quandary or a personal issue, my girls are there with words of advice and encouragement.

But ... what happens (theoretically speaking) when I finish Debra's Mittens, and I have lots of these annoying ends to weave in, and I'm not sure of the best way to do it without ruining the mittens?  I consulted "Finishing Techniques for Knitters" and it's just not the same.  I don't have a LYS, so that's out.  I need someone to pick up one of Debra's Mittens, and consider, and draw from prior experience, and provide a brilliant solution that will blend all those internal flying tentacles of black, white, and lime green.  


I've done this wrong before.  I left my ends too short for Jacob's Gryffindor scarf, and they decided to poke out all over the place.  I weaved in one long end on a shrug and you could see it, this weird vein poking out down the middle.  I don't do well with ends.


I need knitting friends.

Mrs. Pi

No comments:

Post a Comment