Sunday, October 14, 2012

2012 Finished Objects

This year I did something different than I have in prior years: I set knitting goals.

Two and a half months left to the year, and I realize that my knitting goals were, well, rather ambitious.

Knit More
1.  At least 36 FOs (3 per month)
2.  1 pair of socks a month
3.  Finish WIPs, use stash yarn
4.  Knit for myself
5.  Knit for Mr. Pi
6.  Knit for our house
7.  Give away 1 item per month
8.  Knit 1 teddy bear or lovey
9.  Knit for non-profit

I am sad to report that I am only at 8 FOs for the year:

Debra's mittens


Missie's wrist warmers


Danielle's mitts


Yellow mitts


Mom's cowl


Schmendrick socks


Leah's legwarmers


KAL shawl


So I think it would behoove me restate my goals.  You could say it's a 9x3 reforecast of plan.  (I know - no one but me, a finance nerd, would say that)  

All former goals are hereby restated to one goal, Finish Started Objects:

Skyp to Oz Socks

One done, one started.

Hedgerow Socks

One nearly finished; too big but maybe I can give the pair away.

Socks for The Other Kelly

Nearly down to the heel

Crochet Baby Blanket

This one is so close to done, I just need to figure out a nice border.

Knit Baby Blanket

This one is about halfway done.

Cream Zippy Cardigan

Old news: needs a zipper and a snap sewed in.

Ugly Vest

Needs neck and armhole borders.

Sock Sweater

Need to finish the second sleeve, attach, and finish the neckline.

Techno Hat

Pretty obvious: do another row of smocking, then finish the top.

Gryffindor Scarves (2)

Not sure how long these will be, five feet each, maybe?

Mauve Afghan

These squares need to be connected somehow, and a few more crocheted.

If I succeed in my new goal by the end of December, I will be 55.6% to original total plan and 33% to original sock plan.  I will also be 100% to original "give away" goal.  I will have knit items for myself, finished WIPs, and used stash yarn.  So really, that's 5/9 of the items on my original list.

Think I can do it?

My biggest lesson of 2012, so far, is to finish what I start.  What did you learn this year?

Mrs. Pi

No comments:

Post a Comment